Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Making of Baby Blanket II


DSC01323
I was inspired by the beauty of the spring season and wanted to catch some of that on fabric.
DSC01475
I used contact paper to make some stencils.
DSC01477
Getting ready for printing at my little "home studio" at our dining table.
DSC01478
Test prints on a piece of muslin
DSC01481
Work in progress on a white organic jersey
DSC02831
I hand quilted the blanket along the lines that you can already see on the previous picture if you look closely. The lines where drawn with a HB graphite pencil. I assembled the quilt  in such a way that no binding was needed.
DSC02836
I finished the quilt the night before my baby was born.
DSC02837
Here it is wrapped around my little boy this afternoon


2 comments:

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

And you'll always remember that THIS is what you did the night before he was born. Priceless.

Minnado said...

What a gorgeous quilt. I like quilts with a white or cream background and just little bits of colour. And your baby is very handsome! Thank you for your comment you left on my blog. I have come over to have a look and really like your blog! Have a good weekend.