Wednesday, September 2, 2015

One Happy Knitter

I really wanted to get back to knitting for some time but everytime I tried to do that my neck and shoulder started to hurt again - instantly! I thought I might just have to give up. Last week I decided to try one more time with a different size of needles. I took my bicycle and cycled to this fairly new yarnshop that I just discoverd, Wollig in Voorburg (if any locals are reading.) What a fun shop! I got my needles and of course some new yarn. At home I was too tempted to try the new yarn instead of the new needles. I have gotten alredy this far with no pain what so ever! Happy dance!

IMG_20150902_104908
The pattern is a version of this one. The yarn is lang yarn merino + color. Love it! 

Linking with Ginny's Yarn Along

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks great! I am glad to hear you are not in pain. It seems such a common complaint of knitters. I have trouble too, since I had a shoulder injury a few years ago. I find that it is most comfortable to knit with a pill pushed between me and the arm of my sofa so my elbow stays right up against my body (as if it were in a sling but with full elbow-wrist mobility). It is when the arm starts ding the chicken-wing movement that the pain comes. Maybe that would help you next time too?

Donna said...

Wow - those colors look great together. The first yarn I spun and used for socks was in those tones.

Pom Pom said...

That's beautiful! I love your yarn. I wish you pain-free knitting.

Unknown said...

Beautiful yarn, glad you thought to change needles!

Natalie said...

That yarn is gorgeous. I went over to the link to have a peak at what you are making with it...it's going to be a wonderfully lovely shawl. Nice pick.

Lucy Bowen said...

That looks gorgeous and pain free - yippee!

Minnado said...

The yarn colours are lovely and I am glad you have not had any pain. Nice to see you here again too xx

yahoo mail forget password said...

Its very beautiful.Nice work you have done here..

kathy b said...

The yarn and the pattern = perfect arraignment