Sunday, April 4, 2010

Fabrics

The quilt shops seems to have it easy - they have this one type of cotton fabric that they sell and that's pretty much it. It is even called Quilting Weight Cotton. But outside the hardcore quilting world things get more complicated. Anna Maria Horner recently posted about her new fabric type, voile. She is also have a collection printed on flannel. Last week I got my new books from Amazon including Alabama Studio Style and she uses cotton jersey for almost all of the projects. When looking at the options to make nappies to my youngest one my head really starts to spin. Bamboo, hemp, silk wool and all kind of combinations of these with different textures. 

What I do know is that I love the combination of hand sewing and cotton jersey as described in Alabama Studio Style. At least if it jersey that I'm working with...and if it is, is it double, interlock or single? I really don't know. I need some help. 

No comments: