Sunday, March 28, 2010

Blog of the Month - angry chicken

So many nice blogs out there and I feel like sharing. It is time for blog of the month!


It is March 28 so it really is a time for the Blog of the Month!

I hinted again on this one on my earlier post:

angry chicken

This one is hard to describe without making it sound boring - what it of course is not. It is a blog about recipes, sewing, crafting and the life of a mother of three, but I don´t think that description really catches the essence of it. It's what I think you could call "gate opener" blog.  It is like Oprah´s book club. There is some much out there that it is overwhelming to even start to look for a book, so you just don´t even bother. And then you see a book in Oprah and think, well they all like it, why not. Angry chicken is a nice place to hang out and when enjoying the stories you get expose to all kind of nice information that is angry chicken approved and want to try it. Like vanilla cake. Or making your own cosmetics.

I have been thinking about making my own natural cosmetics every since I saw how easily it can be done on TV show criticizing the cosmetic-industry. This must be over a decade ago. I have never actually tried it since I did not know how to get started. The internet must be full of (free) recipes, but how can I know are they any good?  And then I saw on angry chicken that she was selling a ebook with 16 health and beauty recipes, all tested, used and approved by her! A gate opener for me to finally try to make my own cosmetics. 

No comments: