Monday, March 25, 2013

Makeup Roll... and some bloglovin

Oh Google, why did you have to leave me. As you probably know they will shut down google reader. Luckily there are a lot of other providers and I decided to move my bloglist to Bloglovin. You can Follow my blog with Bloglovin and of course with all the other providers. I just had to add the link to claim my blog.

Moving on to something more interesting. We had our second Double Dutch quilt group get-together, this time with a mystery swap! I have never taken part in any swap thinking that I would get way too stressed out and insecure about my sewing skills. But this time it was a lot of fun and it did of course help that I knew the person I was making the suprise for.

Eva-Marie from zusjeb wanted something she can use. I have been so happy with my Makeup roll and use it almost everyday, so that was an easy choice. You can buy Rachel's pattern here. I think (hope) Eva-Marie liked it. (I don't get paid for linking to the pattern, I just love my makeup roll!)
A6504935

A6504939
The inside upside down




4 comments:

Eva said...

The make-up roll you made looks lovely! I've made a couple as gifts and I love the pattern, too! I still haven't made one for myself, though, as I don't seem to be able to decide which fabrics to use ... :-D

Mari said...

I completely forgot to mention that I would use a heavier fabric for this. My own roll is made of Kokka and I like it better that this one made of quilt weight cotton. That should narrow down your options :)

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Mari, I'm so happy to hear that you enjoy your roll and use it everyday =). What a happy thing to hear this morning =). Sounds like I should try making one with a heavier weight fabric to see!

Mari said...

I really do like it, makes my mornings a little bit more pleasant! (I'm not a morning person)