Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Knitting and Reading

Knitting and reading
I have been following Plain and Joyful Living for a long time (I mention it here). One of my favourite features is knitting and reading taking part in Yarn Along hosted by Ginny. Even though I'm not very familiar with Ginny's blog I decided to join the fun today and take a better look at her blog. She has some really nice tutorials there!

Most of my knitting and reading happens in the evening so on the right you see a bad but truthful picture. Actually for me it seems to be one or the other. When I'm working on a knitting project I don't read and when I'm reading I don't knit. In that way they seem to be connected that I do them on the same time slot and state of mind.

At the moment I'm reading O Pioneers! by Willa Cather and really enjoying it. The time period is my favourite era and the background story of Swedish immigrants in America fascinating.

What it comes to knitting I tried to crochet something with the lovely merino wool shown on the picture, but since crocheting is not really working for me, I decided that I will knit some baby socks instead. But first I have to finish my book!

No comments: