Friday, March 30, 2012

Pink Invasion

DSC04919


My little girl turned five yesterday and our home is covered with colour pink. She loves loves loves pink so that is what she gets. When I was little I was passionate about yellow and I can see that she feels the same way about pink.

As a child I was really sensitive to pick up the message that girly is stupid. Sewing girly fabrics in general and decorating for my daughters birthday in particular is clearly filling some girlishness deficit in me. I might have even gone little bit over the top with the birthday cake but I really enjoyed making it. Making the marzipan roses was like playing with play dough. They are all a bit different as are the leaves and yellow flowers as well, but isn't that how nature works. I just seem to have a great dislike for anything too repetitive.

DSC04973
I believe there are quite a few women out there who love it that after a day in office they can change the gray power suite to something more comfortable and start stitching Jennifer Paganelli. Isn't it great that we can have it all!

3 comments:

Minnado said...

What a beautiful cake, you did a great job on it. I showed it to my almost five year old daughter and she gasped in amazement. She too loves pink and I don't know why. But I let her wear her crazy all pink outfits. I love how litle girls can combine the overly girly-ness of pink outfits with bike riding and other non-girly actitivities. x

Mari said...

I know what you mean. My daughter is a very active child always running and jumping around in her princess outfits :)

Heidi said...

Ihana kakku ihanalle!