Thursday, September 30, 2010

Blog of the Month - Kalla Design

Textile design was my first love long before sewing. I have learned to appreciate all the cuteness out there but what I really love are the modern simple designs. Like the ones Hitomi Kimura from Kalla Design makes.  For someone like me who dreams of designing my own fabric her blog is a real treasure. She is very generous in sharing her designing process not so much in words but with pictures! I just love to see how designers work. 


I also should mention that she has a pattern that carries my name, here in my favourite colour. Can you guess what Mari means in Japanese? 

1 comment:

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Wow, she does beautiful work! I too am always draw to these simple, modern graphics. They're peaceful AND interesting. So full of possibilities.